The U.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO) has made President Barack Obama’s Public Papers, 2012, Book 1, covering January 1st through June 30th, 2012, available on govinfo. The Public Papers includes public writings, addresses, remarks made by the president, and photo galleries.
- View Volume 2012, Book I, Presidential Documents
- View Volume 2012, Book I, Photographic Portfolio
- Browse all available volumes of President Obama's Public Papers
- Download Volume 2012, Book I as XML bulk data
- Browse previous volumes of the Public Papers of the Presidents
- Purchase Volume 2012, Book I and other volumes at GPO’s Online Bookstore
About the Public Papers of the Presidents
The Public Papers of the Presidents, which is compiled and published by the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), began in 1957 in response to a recommendation of the National Historical Publications Commission.
Noting the lack of uniform compilations of messages and papers of the Presidents before this time, the Commission recommended the establishment of an official series in which Presidential writings, addresses, and remarks of a public nature could be made available.
Accessing the Public Papers of the Presidents on govinfo
Currently, govinfo contains the Public Papers for Presidents George H.W. Bush, William J. Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack H. Obama. Currently, volumes are published approximately twice a year, and each volume covers approximately a 6-month period.
Learn more about the Public Papers and how to find information in the Public Papers collection on govinfo.