Notwithstanding any other provision of law and as soon as practicable after May 13, 2002, the Commodity Credit Corporation shall amend part 1436 of title 7, Code of Federal Regulations, to establish a sugar storage facility loan program to provide financing for processors of domestically-produced sugarcane and sugar beets to construct or upgrade storage and handling facilities for raw sugars and refined sugars.
A storage facility loan described in subsection (a) shall be made available to any processor of domestically produced sugarcane or sugar beets that (as determined by the Secretary)—
(1) has a satisfactory credit history;
(2) has a need for increased storage capacity, taking into account the effects of marketing allotments; and
(3) demonstrates an ability to repay the loan.
A storage facility loan described in subsection (a) shall—
(1) have a minimum term of 7 years;
(2) not include any penalty for prepayment; and
(3) be in such amounts and on such other terms and conditions (including terms and conditions relating to downpayments, collateral, and eligible facilities) as are normal, customary, and appropriate for the size and commercial nature of the borrower.
(Pub. L. 107–171, title I, §1402, May 13, 2002, 116 Stat. 187; Pub. L. 110–234, title I, §1404, May 22, 2008, 122 Stat. 989; Pub. L. 110–246, §4(a), title I, §1404, June 18, 2008, 122 Stat. 1664, 1718.)
Pub. L. 110–234 and Pub. L. 110–246 made identical amendments to this section. The amendments by Pub. L. 110–234 were repealed by section 4(a) of Pub. L. 110–246.
2008—Subsec. (c)(2), (3). Pub. L. 110–246, §1404, added par. (2), redesignated former par. (2) as (3), and, in par. (3), inserted "other" after "on such".
Amendment of this section and repeal of Pub. L. 110–234 by Pub. L. 110–246 effective May 22, 2008, the date of enactment of Pub. L. 110–234, see section 4 of Pub. L. 110–246, set out as an Effective Date note under section 8701 of this title.