United States Code, 2019 Edition
Title 49 - TRANSPORTATION
SUBTITLE VII - AVIATION PROGRAMS
PART A - AIR COMMERCE AND SAFETY
subpart iii - safety
CHAPTER 447 - SAFETY REGULATION
Sec. 44734 - Training of flight attendants
From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov
§44734. Training of flight attendants
(a) Training Required.—In addition to other training required under this chapter, each air carrier shall provide to flight attendants employed or contracted by such air carrier initial and annual training regarding—
(1) serving alcohol to passengers;
(2) recognizing intoxicated passengers;
(3) dealing with disruptive passengers; and
(4) recognizing and responding to potential human trafficking victims.
(b) Situational Training.—In carrying out the training required under subsection (a), each air carrier shall provide to flight attendants situational training on the proper method for dealing with intoxicated passengers who act in a belligerent manner.
(c) Definitions.—In this section, the following definitions apply:
(1) Air carrier.—The term "air carrier" means a person, including a commercial enterprise, that has been issued an air carrier operating certificate under section 44705.
(2) Flight attendant.—The term "flight attendant" has the meaning given that term in section 44728(g).
(Added Pub. L. 112–95, title III, §309(a), Feb. 14, 2012, 126 Stat. 64; amended Pub. L. 114–190, title II, §2113, July 15, 2016, 130 Stat. 628.)
2016—Subsec. (a)(4). Pub. L. 114–190 added par. (4).