(1) Strategies to identify and collaborate with non-Department entities used by veterans who have not traditionally used Department services to further outreach efforts.
(2) Strategies to ensure that mentoring programs, recovery support groups, and other appropriate support networks are optimally available to veterans.
(3) Appropriate programs or referrals to family support programs.
(4) Means to increase access to case management services.
(5) Plans for making additional employment services accessible to veterans.
(6) Appropriate referral sources for mental health and substance abuse services.
(A) provision of information about benefits available to eligible veterans from the Department; and
(B) contact information for local Department facilities, including medical facilities, regional offices, and veterans centers.
(2) In developing and carrying out the program under paragraph (1), the Secretary shall, to the extent practicable, consult with appropriate public and private organizations, including the Bureau of Prisons, State social service agencies, the Department of Defense, and mental health, veterans, and homeless advocates—
(A) for assistance in identifying and contacting veterans who are homeless or at risk of homelessness;
(B) to coordinate appropriate outreach activities with those organizations; and
(C) to coordinate services provided to veterans with services provided by those organizations.
(2) Not later than December 31, 2005, the Secretary shall submit to the committees referred to in paragraph (1) an interim report on outreach activities carried out by the Secretary with respect to homeless veterans. The report shall include the following:
(A) The Secretary's outreach plan under subsection (a), including goals and time lines for implementation of the plan for particular facilities and service networks.
(B) A description of the implementation and operation of the outreach program under subsection (e).
(C) A description of the implementation and operation of the program under section 2023 of this title.
(3) Not later than July 1, 2007, the Secretary shall submit to the committees referred to in paragraph (1) a final report on outreach activities carried out by the Secretary with respect to homeless veterans. The report shall include the following:
(A) An evaluation of the effectiveness of the outreach plan under subsection (a).
(B) An evaluation of the effectiveness of the outreach program under subsection (e).
(C) An evaluation of the effectiveness of the demonstration program under section 2023 of this title.
(D) Recommendations, if any, regarding an extension or modification of such outreach plan, such outreach program, and such demonstration program.
(Added Pub. L. 107–95, §5(a)(1), Dec. 21, 2001, 115 Stat. 910; amended Pub. L. 110–387, title VI, §602(d)(3), Oct. 10, 2008, 122 Stat. 4132.)
A prior section 2022 was renumbered section 4302 of this title and subsequently omitted in the general amendment of chapter 43 of this title by Pub. L. 103–353, §2(a), Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3150.
2008—Subsec. (f)(2)(C). Pub. L. 110–387 struck out "demonstration" before "program".