(1) solicit nominations from State and local officials for facilities to be included in the corridors;
(2) incorporate existing electric vehicle charging, hydrogen fueling, propane fueling, and natural gas fueling corridors designated by a State or group of States; and
(3) consider the demand for, and location of, existing electric vehicle charging stations, hydrogen fueling stations, propane fueling stations, and natural gas fueling infrastructure.
(1) the heads of other Federal agencies;
(2) State and local officials;
(3) representatives of—
(A) energy utilities;
(B) the electric, fuel cell electric, propane, and natural gas vehicle industries;
(C) the freight and shipping industry;
(D) clean technology firms;
(E) the hospitality industry;
(F) the restaurant industry;
(G) highway rest stop vendors; and
(H) industrial gas and hydrogen manufacturers; and
(4) such other stakeholders as the Secretary determines to be necessary.
(1) identifies electric vehicle charging infrastructure, hydrogen fueling infrastructure, propane fueling infrastructure, and natural gas fueling infrastructure and standardization needs for electricity providers, industrial gas providers, natural gas providers, infrastructure providers, vehicle manufacturers, electricity purchasers, and natural gas purchasers; and
(2) establishes an aspirational goal of achieving strategic deployment of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, hydrogen fueling infrastructure, propane fueling infrastructure, and natural gas fueling infrastructure in those corridors by the end of fiscal year 2020.
(Added Pub. L. 114–94, div. A, title I, §1413(a), Dec. 4, 2015, 129 Stat. 1417.)
The date of enactment of the FAST Act, referred to in subsec. (a), is the date of enactment of Pub. L. 114–94, which was approved Dec. 4, 2015.
A prior section 151, added Pub. L. 100–17, title I, §125(a), Apr. 2, 1987, 101 Stat. 166; amended Pub. L. 105–178, title I, §1212(a)(2)(A)(ii), title V, §5119(e), June 9, 1998, 112 Stat. 193, 452, related to a national bridge inspection program, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 112–141, div. A, title I, §1519(b)(1)(A), July 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 575, effective Oct. 1, 2012.
Another prior section 151, added Pub. L. 93–87, title II, §205(a), Aug. 13, 1973, 87 Stat. 284; amended Pub. L. 94–280, title II, §207, May 5, 1976, 90 Stat. 454; Pub. L. 95–599, title I, §127, Nov. 6, 1978, 92 Stat. 2707; Pub. L. 96–470, title II, §209(c), Oct. 19, 1980, 94 Stat. 2245; Pub. L. 97–375, title I, §111(a), Dec. 21, 1982, 96 Stat. 1821, related to a pavement marking demonstration program, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 100–17, title I, §125(a), Apr. 2, 1987, 101 Stat. 166.
Section effective Oct. 1, 2015, see section 1003 of Pub. L. 114–94, set out as an Effective Date of 2015 Amendment note under section 5313 of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.