United States Code, 2018 Edition
Title 49 - TRANSPORTATION
SUBTITLE IX - MULTIMODAL FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION
CHAPTER 702 - MULTIMODAL FREIGHT TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND INFORMATION
Sec. 70201 - State freight advisory committees
From the U.S. Government Publishing Office, www.gpo.gov
§70201. State freight advisory committees
(a) In General.—The Secretary of Transportation shall encourage each State to establish a freight advisory committee consisting of a representative cross-section of public and private sector freight stakeholders, including representatives of ports, freight railroads, shippers, carriers, freight-related associations, third-party logistics providers, the freight industry workforce, the transportation department of the State, and local governments.
(b) Role of Committee.—A freight advisory committee of a State described in subsection (a) shall—
(1) advise the State on freight-related priorities, issues, projects, and funding needs;
(2) serve as a forum for discussion for State transportation decisions affecting freight mobility;
(3) communicate and coordinate regional priorities with other organizations;
(4) promote the sharing of information between the private and public sectors on freight issues; and
(5) participate in the development of the freight plan of the State described in section 70202.
(Added Pub. L. 114–94, div. A, title VIII, §8001(a), Dec. 4, 2015, 129 Stat. 1610.)
Section effective Oct. 1, 2015, see section 1003 of Pub. L. 114–94, set out as an Effective Date of 2015 Amendment note under section 5313 of Title 5, Government Organization and Employees.