(1) maintain an electronic directory of Federal electronic information;
(2) provide a system of online access to the Congressional Record, the Federal Register, and, as determined by the Superintendent of Documents, other appropriate publications distributed by the Superintendent of Documents; and
(3) operate an electronic storage facility for Federal electronic information to which online access is made available under paragraph (2).
(1) users of the directory and the system of access provided for under subsection (a); and
(2) other providers of similar information services.
The purpose of such consultation shall be to assess the quality and value of the directory and the system, in light of user needs.
(Added Pub. L. 103–40, §2(a), June 8, 1993, 107 Stat. 112; amended Pub. L. 113–235, div. H, title I, §1301(c)(1), Dec. 16, 2014, 128 Stat. 2537.)
2014—Subsec. (a). Pub. L. 113–235 substituted "Director of the Government Publishing Office" for "Public Printer" in introductory provisions.
Pub. L. 103–40, §3, June 8, 1993, 107 Stat. 113, required the Public Printer to submit a report to Congress on the status of the directory, the system of access, and the electronic storage facility referred to in section 4101 of this title by June 30, 1994.
Pub. L. 103–40, §4(a), June 8, 1993, 107 Stat. 113, provided that: "The directory, the system of access, and the electronic storage facility referred to in section 4101 of title 44, United States Code, as added by section 2(a), shall be operational not later than one year after the date of the enactment of this Act [June 8, 1993]."