(A) includes, at a minimum, capital asset inventories and condition assessments, decision support tools, and investment prioritization; and
(B) the recipient certifies complies with the rule issued under this section.
(1) a definition of the term "state of good repair" that includes objective standards for measuring the condition of capital assets of recipients, including equipment, rolling stock, infrastructure, and facilities;
(2) a requirement that recipients and subrecipients of Federal financial assistance under this chapter develop a transit asset management plan;
(3) a requirement that each designated recipient of Federal financial assistance under this chapter report on the condition of the system of the recipient and provide a description of any change in condition since the last report;
(4) an analytical process or decision support tool for use by public transportation systems that—
(A) allows for the estimation of capital investment needs of such systems over time; and
(B) assists with asset investment prioritization by such systems; and
(5) technical assistance to recipients of Federal financial assistance under this chapter.
(A) the progress of the recipient during the fiscal year to which the report relates toward meeting the performance targets established under paragraph (2) for that fiscal year; and
(B) the performance targets established by the recipient for the subsequent fiscal year.
(Added Pub. L. 112–141, div. B, §20019, July 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 707.)
The date of enactment of the Federal Public Transportation Act of 2012, referred to in subsecs. (c)(1) and (d), is deemed to be Oct. 1, 2012, see section 3(a), (b) of Pub. L. 112–141, set out as Effective and Termination Dates of 2012 Amendment notes under section 101 of Title 23, Highways.
Pub. L. 112–141, div. B, §20019, July 6, 2012, 126 Stat. 707, which directed that section 5326 of this title be amended generally, was executed by adding a new section 5326 to reflect the probable intent of Congress. A prior section 5326 was repealed by Pub. L. 109–59, title III, §3025(b), Aug. 10, 2005, 119 Stat. 1622.
A prior section 5326, Pub. L. 103–272, §1(d), July 5, 1994, 108 Stat. 826; Pub. L. 103–429, §6(11), Oct. 31, 1994, 108 Stat. 4379; Pub. L. 105–178, title III, §3023(a), (b), June 9, 1998, 112 Stat. 364, related to turnkey system projects, acquisition of rolling stock, and procurement of associated capital maintenance items, prior to repeal by Pub. L. 109–59, title III, §3025(b), Aug. 10, 2005, 119 Stat. 1622.
Section effective Oct. 1, 2012, see section 3(a) of Pub. L. 112–141, set out as an Effective and Termination Dates of 2012 Amendment note under section 101 of Title 23, Highways.