(1) for which the price agreed on is based on—
(A) adequate price competition; or
(B) prices set by law or regulation;
(2) for the acquisition of a commercial item; or
(3) in an exceptional case when the head of the procuring activity, without delegation, determines that the requirements of this chapter may be waived and justifies in writing the reasons for the determination.
(1) the contract or subcontract being modified is a contract or subcontract for which submission of certified cost or pricing data may not be required by reason of paragraph (1) or (2) of subsection (a); and
(2) the modification would not change the contract or subcontract from a contract or subcontract for the acquisition of a commercial item to a contract or subcontract for the acquisition of an item other than a commercial item.
(Pub. L. 111–350, §3, Jan. 4, 2011, 124 Stat. 3766.)
|Source (U.S. Code)||Source (Statutes at Large)|
|3503||41:254b(b).||June 30, 1949, ch. 288, title III, §304A(b), as added Pub. L. 103–355, title I, §1251(a)(2), Oct. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 3279; Pub. L. 104–106, title XLII, §4201(b)(1), Feb. 10, 1996, 110 Stat. 651.|
In subsection (b)(2), the words "as the case may be" are omitted as unnecessary.