Each agency shall transmit a report to the Secretary, at times specified by the Secretary but at least annually, with complete information on its activities under this part, including information on—
(1) the agency's progress in achieving the goals established by section 8253 of this title; and
(2) the procedures being used by the agency pursuant to section 8256(a)(2) of this title, the number of contracts entered into by such agency under subchapter VII of this chapter, the energy and cost savings that have resulted from such contracts and any termination penalty exposure, the use of such cost savings under section 8256(c) of this title, and any problem encountered in entering into such contracts and otherwise implementing section 8256 of this title.
The Secretary shall report, not later than April 2 of each year, with respect to each fiscal year beginning after November 5, 1988, to the President and Congress—
(1) on all activities carried out under this part and on the progress made toward achievement of the objectives of this part, including—
(A) a copy of the list of the exclusions made under sections 8253(a)(2) and 8253(c)(3) of this title;
(B) the information required under section 8253(b)(2) of this title; and
(C) a statement detailing the amount of funds awarded to each agency under section 8256(b) of this title, the energy and water conservation measures installed with such funds, the projected energy and water savings to be realized from installed measures, and, for each installed measure for which the projected energy and water savings reported in the previous year were not realized, the percentage of such projected savings that was not realized, the reasons such savings were not realized, and proposals for, and projected costs of, achieving such projected savings in the future;
(2) the number of contracts entered into by all agencies under subchapter VII of this chapter, the difficulties (if any) encountered in attempting to enter into such contracts, and proposed solutions to those difficulties;
(3) the extent and nature of interagency exchange of information concerning the conservation and efficient utilization of energy; and
(4) the information required under section 8262g(d) of this title.
The Secretary, in consultation with the Administrator of General Services, shall—
(1) conduct a study and evaluate legal, institutional, and other constraints to connecting buildings owned or leased by the Federal Government to district heating and district cooling systems; and
(2) not later than 18 months after October 24, 1992, transmit to the Congress a report containing the findings and conclusions of such study, including recommendations for the development of streamlined processes for the consideration of connecting buildings owned or leased by the Federal Government to district heating and cooling systems.
(Pub. L. 95–619, title V, §548, Nov. 9, 1978, 92 Stat. 3279; Pub. L. 100–615, §2(a), Nov. 5, 1988, 102 Stat. 3187; Pub. L. 102–486, title I, §152(g), (i)(1), Oct. 24, 1992, 106 Stat. 2848, 2851; Pub. L. 104–66, title I, §1052(d), Dec. 21, 1995, 109 Stat. 718; Pub. L. 109–58, title I, §102(g), Aug. 8, 2005, 119 Stat. 608; Pub. L. 110–140, title V, §511(b), Dec. 19, 2007, 121 Stat. 1658.)
2007—Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 110–140 inserted "and any termination penalty exposure" after "from such contracts".
2005—Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 109–58 inserted "the President and" before "Congress" in heading and "President and" before "Congress" in introductory provisions.
1995—Subsec. (b)(1). Pub. L. 104–66, §1052(d)(1), added subpar. (B) and redesignated former subpar. (B) as (C).
Subsec. (b)(4). Pub. L. 104–66, §1052(d)(2)–(4), added par. (4).
1992—Subsec. (a)(2). Pub. L. 102–486, §152(i)(1)(A), substituted "8256(a)(2)" for "8256(b)".
Subsec. (b). Pub. L. 102–486, §152(i)(1)(B), substituted ", not later than April 2 of each year," for "annually,".
Subsec. (b)(1). Pub. L. 102–486, §152(g)(1), substituted "including—" and subpars. (A) and (B) for "including a copy of the list of the exclusions made under section 8253(a)(2) of this title;".
Subsec. (c). Pub. L. 102–486, §152(g)(2), added subsec. (c).
1988—Pub. L. 100–615 amended section generally, substituting provisions relating to reports to Secretary and Congress for former requirement that in leasing Federal buildings for its own use or that of another Federal agency, each Federal agency should give appropriate preference to buildings which used solar heating and cooling equipment or other renewable energy sources or which otherwise minimized life cycle costs.
Amendment by Pub. L. 110–140 effective on the date that is 1 day after Dec. 19, 2007, see section 1601 of Pub. L. 110–140, set out as an Effective Date note under section 1824 of Title 2, The Congress.
For termination, effective May 15, 2000, of provisions of law requiring submittal to Congress of any annual, semiannual, or other regular periodic report listed in House Document No. 103–7 (in which the 16th item on page 89 identifies a reporting provision which, as subsequently amended, is contained in subsec. (b) of this section), see section 3003 of Pub. L. 104–66, as amended, set out as a note under section 1113 of Title 31, Money and Finance.