(1) issue or transfer a license under this chapter; or
(2) waive the license requirements of this chapter.
(1) commercial space transportation vehicles;
(2) space infrastructure payloads;
(3) space launch facilities; and
(4) launch support facilities.
(Added Pub. L. 106–391, title III, §322(b), Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1598.)
Pub. L. 106–391, title III, §322(c), Oct. 30, 2000, 114 Stat. 1598, provided that:
“(1) The President is requested to negotiate with foreign launching nations for the purpose of reaching one or more agreements that prohibit the use of outer space for obtrusive space advertising purposes.
“(2) It is the sense of the Congress that the President should take such action as is appropriate and feasible to enforce the terms of any agreement to prohibit the use of outer space for obtrusive space advertising purposes.
“(3) As used in this subsection, the term ‘foreign launching nation’ means a nation—
“(A) that launches, or procures the launching of, a payload into outer space; or
“(B) from the territory or facility of which a payload is launched into outer space.”