[Federal Register Volume 63, Number 57 (Wednesday, March 25, 1998)]
[Page 14447]
From the Federal Register Online via the Government Publishing Office [www.gpo.gov]
[FR Doc No: 98-7784]



Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
[Docket No. SA98-42-000]

Leo Helzel; Notice of Petition for Adjustment

March 19, 1998.
    Take notice that on March 9, 1998, Leo Helzel (Helzel), filed a 
petition for adjustment under section 502(c) of the Natural Gas Policy 
Act of 1978 in Docket No. SA98-42-000. Helzel requests an extension of 
time of 90 days to allow himself and Northern Natural Gas Company 
(Northern) to resolve any dispute as to the proper amount of the refund 
liability for the Kansas ad valorem tax reimbursements set forth in the 
Statement of Refunds Due (SRD) addressed to Benson Mineral Group, Inc. 
(BMG), the Operator, or to submit such dispute to FERC for resolution 
if the parties cannot resolve the dispute within such time. Helzel also 
requests an adjustment to the Commission's procedures to allow him to 
place into an escrow account not only any disputed amount of the refund 
amount calculated by Northern but also principal and interest on amount 
calculated by Northern but also principal and interest on amounts 
attributable to production prior to October 4, 1983 and interest on all 
other amounts claimed to be due under the SRD. The Commission's 
September 10, 1997, order in Docket No. RP97-369-000, et al., directed 
first sellers under the NGPA to make Kansas ad valorem tax refunds, 
with interest, for the period from 1983 to 1988.
    Any person desiring to be heard or to make any protest with 
reference to said petition should on or before 15 days after the date 
of publication in the Federal Register of this notice, file with the 
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, 888 First Street, N.E., 
Washington, D.C. 20426, a motion to intervene or protest in accordance 
with the requirements of the Commission's Rules of Practice and 
Procedure (18 CFR 385.214, 385,211, 385.105, and 385.1106). All 
protests filed with the Commission will be considered by it in 
determining the appropriate action to be taken but will not serve to 
make the protestants parties to the proceeding. Any person wishing to 
become a party to a proceeding or to participate as a party in any 
hearing therein must file a motion to intervene in accordance with the 
Commission's Rules.
David P. Boergers,
Acting Secretary.
[FR Doc. 98-7784 Filed 3-24-98; 8:45 am]